Terms & Conditions
LWRepairs – Repair Terms & Conditions:
Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure you understand them before ordering any services from us.
1. The terms below apply for any repair/service carried out through LWRepairs for your mobile device.
2. “Us”, “We”, and “Our” refer to LWRepairs and references “you”, “yourself” and “your” refer to the customer.
3. This agreement shall commence from the date of booking an appointment and shall continue until we have repaired or returned the device back to yourself and payment has been processed.
4. Any time estimate given to you is strictly an estimate only and does not form any obligation under the terms of this agreement.
5. We shall notify you when the device is repaired and available for collection. If you do not collect your device within a reasonable period, we may dispose of the device. Any amount obtained on disposal will be used to meet any unpaid estimate or repair chargers you are liable to pay, and any remaining balance will be sent to you or will remain payable by you accordingly.
6. If we are unable to carry out the repair for any reason, or the repair will cost more than first quoted, we will notify you immediately.
7. Our out of warranty/chargeable repairs are guaranteed for 12 calendar months from the date of finished repair. If the same fault should occur within this period, we will repair free of charge. If the device develops an additional fault unrelated to the original repair, the repair warranty contained in this paragraph will not apply.
8. We may, in certain circumstances, send your device to another repair centre and sub-contract the repair work to a third party. If this occurs, we will inform you first.
9. Please note, our prices are subject to VAT. Please ask us if you’re unsure if the price quoted to you includes VAT or not.
10. If a repair is to be carried out under warranty, we may ask to see sufficient proof of warranty or receipt.
11. If your device is beyond economic repair, we may at our absolute discretion replace your device with a suitable equivalent rather than carry out the warranty repair work.
12. If the nature of the repair falls outside the terms of your warranty, then you may incur a charge for the repair under the terms set below. We will notify you first.
13. If you provide the incorrect information to LWRepairs regarding the age of your device, resulting in an expired warranty, you may be charged a fee of £10.00 for diagnostic.
14. If we are unable to repair your device, no fault is found on your device, or you do not accept our estimate, we will return the device to you unrepaired and we reserve the right to charge you an inspection fee.
15. We may keep your device until all charges payable have been paid and we may charge an additional fee for storage of your device.
16. If, through our negligence or wilful misconduct, we damage your device beyond economical repair, our liability will be limited to the cost of providing a replacement with a product that is the same or similar to the device.
17. Any data or information that you may have stored on the device shall remain your sole responsibility and we accept no liability for loss or corruption of such data howsoever caused. It is your responsibility to keep a record of any such data.
18. Please note a few faults are not covered by warranty as manufacturing defects, these include: Finger Print fault, WiFi faults caused by software updates, date and time faults caused by iOS updates.
19. If the device is damaged by accidental damage, it shall not be covered under warranty such as dropping the device and cracking the screen.
20. We aim to repair your device within 1-48 hours of receiving it. This is just an aim we target as a company, this is not a promise, as every repair varies in time and difficulty. Although almost all of all repairs are completed on the same day, sometimes we encounter further issues that slow the repair down.
21. If for any reason your repair will take longer, you will be notified of the reason and the estimated completion date.
22. If we need to order in new parts, the repair process may be delayed. We will keep you updated throughout the whole process.
23. Please be aware diagnostics may take longer than usual repairs as our trained technicians take the time to look at every element of the device and check for faulty parts.
24. With warranty repairs on Samsung Devices there is always a chance of the LCD breaking due to build. We will not be liable for the cost of the replacement LCD.
25. Mobile devices that are waterproof are originally sealed in the manufacturer’s factory with special machines and special liquid proof gaskets. When we carry out a repair on a waterproof or water resistant device that involves opening and closing the device, we cannot guarantee that your device will be 100% waterproof after the repair process has been completed. We replace all gaskets required but only the manufacturers of the device have access to the specialised equipment required. However, we always use grade A parts and use the best possible techniques.
26.We warrant to you that any product repaired by us is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of the kind are commonly supplied.
27.Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to the purchase price of the repair you booked in and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us.
28. This does not include or limit in any way our liability: (a) For death or personal injury caused by our negligence;(b) Under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; (c) For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (d) For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
29. We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us (such as loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, waste of management or office time) however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
30. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (a Force Majeure Event ).
31. A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following: (a) Strikes, lockouts or other industrial action. (b) Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war. (c) Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster. (d) Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport. (e) Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks. (f) The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations, or restrictions of any government.
32. Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
33. We have the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our systems. You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within 14 working days of receipt by you of the products purchased on the Store.
34. We reserve the right to repair rather than replace under the twelve (12) months warranty, if a repair is not feasible a suitable replacement will be arranged.
35. If a device is returned with a fault that has been proven to either be present before sending the device or occurred during transit, the repair will be carried out for you.
36. All repairs (with the exception of software related, battery and water damaged devices) come with a 12-month warranty. This excludes faults relating to physical or accidental damage or if the device is opened whilst in your possession. If the nature of the repair falls outside the terms of your warranty or guarantee, then you may incur a charge for the repair.
37. Our warranty does not cover repairs on Wifi Faults on the iPhone.
38. If you take your device to a third-party repairer, this will void the warranty on your device. This includes both repaired and purchased devices.
39. All software related repairs will not be covered by our warranty.
40. If you accidentally damage the device this will void all warranty.
41. If the device is damaged it shall not be covered under warranty.
42. If you pay to have repaired, it still will not be covered by warranty due to any future faults that may occur. All warranty claims must be reported within the warranty period and returned to our premises within two weeks from this date.